Guys, you must be wondering what new words can you learn today. Well, these are the words that might be new to you. I have tried to pick words from different categories and difficulty levels. I hope you learn something from this list. I have also put the meaning in front of the word and also added an example sentence with that word. Please let me know if you need something else. You can put your opinions in the comments section and I will see what I can do – add information to this list or make a new one. All the best!
1. Resilience (noun): The ability to recover quickly from difficulties or challenges
Example sentence: Despite facing many obstacles, Sarah’s resilience helped her bounce back and achieve her goals.
2. Procrastination (noun): The act of delaying or putting off tasks or actions
Example sentence: Rohan’s procrastination often led to him feeling stressed and overwhelmed with unfinished assignments.
3. Empathy (noun): The ability to understand and share the feelings of others
Example sentence: Sarita showed empathy towards her friend who was going through a tough time by listening and offering support.
4. Integrity (noun): The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles
Example sentence: The teacher commended Keshav for his integrity when he admitted to accidentally breaking the classroom rules.
5. Innovation (noun): The introduction of new ideas, methods, or inventions
Example sentence: The company’s innovation in developing a groundbreaking technology revolutionised the cotton industry.
6. Authentic (adjective): Genuine or real; not fake or imitated
Example sentence: The antique store specialises in selling authentic vintage furniture and decor.
7. Resilient (adjective): Able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions
Example sentence: Gujarat’s resilient infrastructure allowed it to bounce back swiftly after the devastating storm.
8. Ambition (noun): A strong desire or drive to achieve something
Example sentence: Bharat’s ambition to become a successful entrepreneur motivated her to start her own business.
9. Diligent (adjective): Showing careful and persistent effort in one’s work or tasks
Example sentence: Prabhu received high grades due to his diligent study habits and consistent hard work.
10. Perseverance (noun): Steadfastness in doing something despite difficulties or setbacks
Example sentence: With determination and perseverance, Lakshmi overcame numerous obstacles to reach her athletic goals.
11. Empowerment (noun): The process of giving someone the power or authority to do something.
Example sentence: The organisation focuses on providing educational opportunities to poor students, and promoting empowerment.
12. Authenticity (noun): The quality of being genuine or true to oneself
Example sentence: The author’s writing style reflected her authenticity, capturing readers with raw and honest stories.
13. Adaptable (adjective): Capable of adjusting or changing to different circumstances
Example sentence: In a fast-paced environment, an adaptable employee can quickly switch between tasks and responsibilities.
14. Optimism (noun): A tendency to expect the best possible outcome or view things in a positive light
Example sentence: Despite facing challenges, Narendra’s optimism helped him maintain a positive attitude and find solutions.
15. Resolute (adjective): Firmly determined or resolved; showing unwavering commitment
Example sentence: The team remained resolute in their goal, working tirelessly to win the championship.
16. Collaboration (noun): The act of working together with others to achieve a common goal
Example sentence: The science project required collaboration among group members to conduct research and analyse data.
17. Compassion (noun): Sympathetic concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others
Example sentence: The volunteers showed compassion by providing food and shelter to the homeless during the cold winter.
18. Persistence (noun): The quality of continuing steadily despite obstacles or difficulties
Example sentence: With persistence, Meera mastered the art of singing Bhajan.
19. Adaptation (noun): The process of adjusting or modifying something to fit new circumstances
Example sentence: Ramanand Sagar’s Adaptation of the Hindu epic Ramayana was very successful on TV.
20. Ambitious (adjective): Having or showing a strong desire and determination to succeed
Example sentence: Radha set ambitious goals for herself, aiming to become a renowned scientist and make groundbreaking discoveries.
If you want to learn more about words, more words and their meanings, and make some accidental discoveries in the world of words, make sure you make a habit of consulting the dictionary. You will find many things in that old, fat and voluminous book. You can also learn methods to make new words from existing words.
By Nishant for The Best Books (lessons section)